Monday, March 12, 2012

157+173 design

New, mind blowing discoveries doesn't happen very often to me, but when it happens it gives me lots of inspiration, drive and motivates me to explore the possible and impossible, it gives me strength to work on myself infinitely until I create something worth creating.
My new discovery is 157+173 Greek design duo based in Thessaloniki- Babis Papanikolaou and Christina Tsirangelou.
Their unique touch to the well known shapes of the object of everyday use is really impressive. They use bare and relatively cheap construction materials like wood and metal, their intention is to reveal the object's origin it's relationship with the natural environment.
I love every single piece created by 157+173, but had to choose some of the most astonishing ones to share with you.
2d light series was partially inspired by Charlie Chaplin's "Modern Times", the front view of the objects looks 2 dimensional, while behind the simple facade, the structure of the electrical equipment is revealed.


This one is my favorite!!!! Just amazing!

Pure Beauty!



I love this one too!

photos from http://157-173designers.eu





1 comment: