Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Do Ho Suh

Do Ho Suh, originally from Korea, but residing in New York nowadays, creates replicas of his living spaces 
in semi transparent fabric, that he can pack and carry with him. 
 "I don't really get homesick, but I've noticed that I have a longing for this particular space and I want to recreate that space or bring that space wherever I go." 


This piece consists of two gates made from fabric which are separated by a translucent floor, appearing to be a reflection.
photos from http://ddirarchitecture.com








blueprint, a 1:1 scale reproduction of the New York townhouse
where Do Ho Suh currently resides, constructed entirely out of translucent nylon fabric.
photos from http://www.designboom.com





2 comments:

  1. Wow, it's like his memories of the space - kind of fading, but they convey the mood :). I would LOVE to be able to create those, I have so many places I miss constantly going from one place to another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, me too!! Especially I would recreate my apartment in Florence.

    ReplyDelete